Date:      Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:30:24 +0100
From:      Jan Bramkamp <crest@rlwinm.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openldap-client vs openldap-sasl-client

On 04/01/2017 18:32, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Do you I understand correctly that it is impossible now to install both samba44
> and libreoffice using the official FreeBSD package repository?
> Or samba44 and KDE?
>
> If yes, then that sucks...

Yes and yes it sucks. The "solution" is to build your own repo and set
the right flags to always use the same LDAP client port. With binary
packages and the speed of modern x86_64 systems I for one no longer see
removing SASL support from OpenLDAP as useful enough to justify the
complexity. Are there any reasons other than saved build time to disable
this dependency (e.g. a bad security track record/process, different
licenses)?