Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:14:10 -0800
From:      Sean Whalen <sean@node99.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Potential user/kernel pointer bugs in FreeBSD 5.3

Hello,

We recently did work with the Cqual type inference tool to identify
potential user/kernel pointer bugs in FreeBSD 5.3.  Our paper is
available here: http://www.node99.org/projects/bsduk/

We identified 5 potential bugs which we are looking to confirm with the
community.  Page 10 contains an example of one such candidate.  More
true positives may be identified by using a machine with 10 or more gigs
of RAM for inter-file analysis of the entire kernel.  If interested,
please email me.

Best,
	-Sean