Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:13:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   creating system-on-a-disk?

Is there a way to create a bootable CD with a live file system?

I want to use this as a network probe, and have people insert the cd in
any pc fullfilling  GENERIC's hardware needs and have the system boot
from cd and run on cd/memory only, so whatever os is on the pc is not
touched. The system would only need to run tcpdump -n|nstreams and send
the output to a webserver (using e.g. cadaver) once a day or so.

I guess it must be possible, the release creates a live file system on
the second cd, but are there any tips on how to do this?

Thanks, mathias

--
                            virtual earth
 Mathias Picker