Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:26:59 +0800
From:      "Alex" <u4170751@cc.ncu.edu.tw>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   there is no kernel configuraion menu during installaion

Hi there
I have 2 PCs.
Both of them use DC-390F SCSI card.
They are running FreeBSD3.5 and 4.0 now.
Recently, I tried to upgrade the systems.
But I have some problem during installing FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE.
When I installed FreeBSD 4.4, the system half when the sysinstall menu
appear.
I think it might because of the SCSI card DC-390F.
There is no kernel configuration menu during installation so I can't remove
other SCSI driver from kernel.
It's very strange. During installation,there should be some like this

                  kernel Configuration menu

  Skip kernel configuration and continue with installation
   Start kernel configuration in full-screen visual mode
        Start kernel configuration in CLI mode

But there isn't.
After load the kernel, the sysinstall screen appear and then.....it just
stop.....I can't move the light bar.
My motherboard is ASUS P2B-D.
I tried to install it by CDROM and floopy...the same...system half.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

Alex Wang