Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:28:17 +0000
From:      ict technician <ict@cardinalnewman.coventry.sch.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   em0 checksum errors

I've been testing an application which uses UDP. I was having difficulties so
I started taking packet dumps. I noticed that many packets have bad
checksums. The errors are mostly on UDP packets but I do see some TCP packets
with errors also. This occurs on system applications without the new app.
running, e.g. dns/ssh

This is reproducable on more than one system, although the NICs are probably
from the same batch, as I bought a box of 5 out of 7 in use. Systems are
4.9-RELEASEp1/p2.

The cards are Intel PRO/1000 MT Server. I'll get the numbers off the card
shortly.

One box on stable (18th Feb) seems okay so I'm going to try stable on my test
box and see if that cures it.

I won't spam the list with the dump.

--
i j hart

ICT Technician
Cardinal Newman Catholic School & Community College