Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:39:51 -0400
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        Gernot Hueber <hueber@riic.at>
Cc:        Saifuddin <sfdn@lapindo.co.id>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Sendmail-Config.

Sendmail can indeed do this but you need to have the service from your
isp to cooperate.  If your isp is spooling mail for your registered
domain you can ETRN on their server and have it forwarded to your MTA.
This is not something a home user on a dialup etc. will have as a
service except in rare cases of small isp's that still provide what a
customer would like.

* Gernot Hueber <hueber@riic.at> [010405 03:45]:
> Hi,
>
> Sendmail won't do it at all. (www.sendmail.org->faq)