Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2012 08:14:53 +0200
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error after upgrading to php 5.4.6

On 09/04/2012 04:18 AM, Michael Powell wrote:
> Paul Macdonald wrote:
>
>> On 03/09/2012 12:26, Darrell Betts wrote:
>>> My php pages will no longer render in a web browser after upgrading to
>>> php 5.4.6. Used port upgrade to do this. Running apache 2.2.22_6. Checked
>>> the error log and this is what I receive
>>>
>>> [notice] child pid 38232 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>>>
>>> This does this on all php pages.
>>> Any idea how to fix this error?
> [snip]
>> try editing your /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini, comment out all
>> extensions (restart apache) and see if it stops seg faulting.
>> If it works, add in the modules one by one until it stops.
>>
>> Previously i've seen people posting about the order being important
>>
> Some while back I thought portupgrading PHP caused the extensions.ini to be
> edited after each and every extension rebuild/reinstall, causing a shuffle
> like effect. Since I do a backup before, including all configs, I got into
> the habit of just copying my old extensions.ini back into place afterwards
> prior to restarting PHP and/or web servers.
>
> -Mike

Well with pkg_delete -f php5\* , removing all of php's config files in
/usr/local/etc (keeping a backup of course) and then installing php-5.4.6
extensions resolved the problem. It does not happen too often that this goes
wrong, but somehow php can be troublesome at times.

Thanks
Bas

Disclaimer: http://www.ose.nl/email