Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 19:57:41 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Nicolas M Pottier <np27+@andrew.cmu.edu>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MP3 Player for FreeBSD?

Most Cool!

I just tried out the first thx test streams and it sounds awesome with
my GUS PnP . I am thinking about that inserting an rc entry so that
when the system starts I can play it 8)

With  mpg123 v0.59 the CPU utilization is less than 6 percent of CPU
utilization on my PPRO 200Mhz !!

Pretty cool stuff ...

Worth putting up your posting on the multimedia web page at FreeBSD.org
just have a link to mpeg3 and if anyone likes they can pretty up the
mpeg3 web stuff.

	Tnks!
	Amancio