Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 22:37:49 -0400
From:      David Comeau <davitron@vl.videotron.ca>
To:        ipfw@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help with passing a variable.

To all listeners,

I am using the videotron.ca cable-modem service here in Montreal, Qc.

In the /etc/rc.firewall file there are areas where we must reflect our sy=
stem=20
setup (Ip, ...) Since I am on a cable-modem using DHCP, I would like to k=
now=20
if it is possible to reflect that fact in the "oif" variable? If so, how=20
exactly?

I have included part of my rc.conf as wel as the part of rc.firewall that=
 I'm=20
talking about. i hope it is enough for some sort of answer.

* From /etc/rc.conf  *****************
gateway_enable=3D"YES"
network_interfaces=3D"ed0 ed1 lo0"
firewall_enable=3D"YES"
firewall_script=3D"/etc/rc.firewall"
firewall_type=3D"open"
firewall_quiet=3D"YES" #change to YES once happy with rules
firewall_logging=3D"YES"
tcp_extensions=3D"NO"
log_in_vain=3D"YES"
tcp_keepalive=3D"YES"
tcp_drop_synfin=3D"NO" #change to NO if create webserver
tcp_restrict_rst=3D"NO"
icmp_drop_redirect=3D"NO"
icmp_log_redirect=3D"NO"
natd_enable=3D"YES"
natd_program=3D"/sbin/natd"
natd_flags=3D"-f /etc/natd.cf"
natd_interface=3D"ed0"

* From /etc/rc.firewall  simple firewall section ************************=
***
        # set these to your outside interface network and netmask and ip
        oif=3D"ed0"
        onet=3D""  # How do I add a variable to reflect the fact that it =
is=20
DHCP?
        omask=3D"255.255.255.0"
        oip=3D""   # Can I add a variable to reflect the fact that it is =
DHCP?

         # set these to your inside interface network and netmask and ip
        iif=3D"ed1"
        inet=3D"192.168.1.0"
        imask=3D"255.255.255.0"
        iip=3D"192.168.1.1"