Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:30:05 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        James A Wilde <james.wilde@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which X-window to choose?

* James A Wilde <james.wilde@telia.com> [000114 04:19] wrote:
> Thanks, Nils, you asked the same question I was about to ask.  However, I
> have an additional criterion.  Are any of these systems establishing
> themselves as standards?  I know of Gnome and kde, and that Redhat has just
> dropped kde for Gnome which presumably gives Gnome an edge, but how are the
> camps dividing themselves among FBSD users?

not many windowmanagers run over serial consoles... :)

Seriously, I found KDE to be very useful and easy to manage, by
far the easiest wm to configure, now that it has themes it's really
great...

However i'm typing this from my Windowmaker desktop because
I really just wanted something small and non-obtrusive, however I think
once KDE 2.0 comes out I'll be switching back, I really haven't seen
many useful apps running on gnome where KDE has koffice and much more.

-Alfred