Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:30:57 -0500
From:      Chris Knight <cknight@ghostwheel.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LSI MegaRaid ATA 133-2 install question

Thanks Andrew,

That certainly goes along with the results of my testing on this unit.

Would you happen to know if I purchased a Promise card, is it capable of
auto-rebuilding the mirror when a drive is replaced, or does that have
to be done at the console using the board's BIOS?

I've been using vinum for years, but I am now spoiled by my DAC960 cards
and how they will auto-rebuild a replaced drive.  I think ATA RAID
controllers have a long way to go...

-Chris