Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 1995 08:50:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISP state their FreeBSD concerns

> 1.	A concern that FreeBSD tends to "bind" for brief periods when
> 	loaded...

Can this is an IDE issue?  I never saw anything like this until
I configured an IDE mail server.  That system pauses for seconds
sometimes, and then continues.  This is running -stable, syscons
only (no X), no messages logged, etc.  The echo stops going to
the display, the ethernet activity is stopped, all in all it seems
to be locked up for three or four seconds.

We have three SCSI only systems and haven't ever seen this, and
one IDE system that pauses.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936