Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2017 03:04:09 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no, freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, crest@rlwinm.de
Subject:   Re: Changes to route(8) or routing between r325235 and r326782?

On 13.12.2017 02:30, sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:

> But I also want the kernel to handle packet *forwarding*, and not
> routing policy. I guess I'm looking for a a simplified routed which
> will handle my static routes and can be turned on with a only an
> xxx_enable in rc.conf and then basically forgotten.
>
> If I want something more complicated (typically BGP) I'll install
> quagga.

You can still install quagga with simple "pkg install" command
and run "zebra" daemon only to get exactly what you want, and no routing protocols:

quagga_enable="YES"
quagga_daemons="zebra"

Then change all your "kernel routes" ("route add") to "static routes" in terms of quagga
storing them in the /usr/local/etc/quagga/zebra.conf like I do:

ip route 192.168.0.0/16 reject
ip route 192.168.2.0/24 10.0.0.2

And so on. This works just as you need.