Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:48:48 -0400
From:      Daniel Fisher <dfisher@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   file recovery

hello,
yesterday i was working on a file in nedit (under kde)
and the power went out in my building.
i had saved this file before, but when my system came back up the file
existed, but had a size of 0 bytes.
i started searching around in tmp, but i can't seem to find where the system
might have dumped my file.
i'm guessing it's gone for good, but i was wondering if anyone knows
something i don't know about where my file might be.
also is there something i can do to ensure this doesn't happen again?
Thanks,

--
Daniel Fisher