Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:57:10 +0000
From:      Pollywog <lists-fbsd@shadypond.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-6.1 bootup hangs after power failure

On Saturday 14 July 2007 18:39:04 Manolis Kiagias wrote:

> Generally the APC UPSes work fine with FreeBSD. There is the apcupsd
> port for controlled unattended shutdowns. They work fine in Linux too
> with the same program.
> You may also find other solutions that work fine with the nutups program.
> As for failing to reboot after a power failure, you must have been
> terribly unlucky...

My crash was unrelated to a power failure.  We have lots of those in this part
of California (Humboldt County) but this was on a laptop.  It was just a
crash that forced me to reboot, then the machine would not start properly.

Thanks for the info about UPS's.  I will start looking around and I will be
sure to buy one before the rains start in October.