Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Onur Toker <onur@kfupm.edu.sa>
Cc:        FREEBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, SOLARIS-X86 <solaris-x86@webpro.eis.com>
Subject:   Re: Multithreaded X11 applications

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Onur Toker wrote:

> 	(2) If you are an X11 expert, do you know any actual widget library
> written
> completely in C++ ? All widget libraries that I know are written in C,
> and I am just
> curious to learn what direction the industry has adopted in the past
> couple of years.

There's InterViews, which isn't being developed anymore, and Qt, which is,
but is under a license that you can only use it for free if you are going
to make the resulting program freely available (only applies to Unix,
the Win32 version requires purchase).

gtk-- is a C++ wrapper around gtk+, a C toolkit.  gtk-- actually feels
like a native kit, rather than a wrapper, so it may be acceptible to you.

Other than that, check out
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7184/guitool.html for a
comparison of various toolkits, including a breakdown by what languages
they support.