Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 1997 12:06:21 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        dave@persprog.com
Cc:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HD failure; possible causes??

On Sat, Sep 20, 1997 at 10:24:11AM -0400, Dave Alderman wrote:
> Mark Mayo wrote:
> >
> > Hi all. Well, this weekend I had a couple of CCD disk arrays go belly
> > up,
> > and I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with multiple disks
> > crashing at once.
>
> By any chance, is the air conditioning turned off on the weekend?

No, and when I got there the fans were still working just fine. I don't
think it was a cooling problem, but it certainly might have cotributed
somehow. The leasing reasoning seems to suggest that vibration killed
them. Time for a better disk tower I suppose... or better disks at least.

cya,
-Mark

> --
> "Going down to South Park - going to leave my woes behind..."
> David W. Alderman	dave@persprog.com

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
"The newest book, The Dilbert Future, took a broader view, describing how
idiots will threaten every aspect of business, technology and society in
the future."	--Scott Adams