Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:26:39 -0800
From:      "squid" <squid@csumb.edu>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   help installing 5.3 on a ultra 5

Hi

I'm trying to get 5.3 to install on a ultra 5 when I use disc1.iso I get a kernel/unix not found error when I do a boot cdrom in the prom. I did some searching and saw a suggestion of using boot cdrom /boot/kernel/kernel in prom and when I did that
it comes back and says the file wasn't found. I tried using the bootonly.iso and am having the same issues. I'm running out of ideas and would appriciate any help on getting the install going.

Thx,

-Paul Swinderman

--
This message has been scanned for viruses, worms, and potentially dangerous attachments and is believed to be safe. We do not recommend opening attachments unless you are expecting them. To learn more about virus protection at CSUMB, visit:

http://it.csumb.edu/services/virus/