Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:18:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Christopher Nielsen <cnielsen@pobox.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Volunteer as Code Auditor (Was Re: Time to redirect! (Was: Re: Topics for -security vs. topics for -audit))

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Mark Murray wrote:

> "Volunteer as code auditor"
> "Volunteer to help with web page setup"
> ...&c.

I volunteer as a code auditor.

> Please write a _very_short_ resume describing why you should do
> this job in the body of the mail (purely for reference). Eventually
> you'll land up on the rogue's gallery as "one of the team".

I've been doing UNIX SA on various platforms and network engineering for 9
and 3 years respectively.

I've been doing security work professionally for 7 years in everything
from the networking layer through the applications layer, including
firewall design and implementation, defining and writing policy, and
secure programming.

I've been programming for 12 years in languages including (in order of
expertise) C, Java, Perl, C++, (MIPS|SPARC) assembly, Fortran (ugh!), and
a few others not worth mentioning. Projects include everything from SA
utilities to distributed applications with a little bit of operating
systems programming thrown in.

In my day job, my responsibilities include corporate security, and I am
frequently called upon to perform code audits in both C and Java
applications and design audits on systems and networks.

I've been dabbling in cryptology over the last three years.

--
Christopher Nielsen
(enkhyl|cnielsen)@pobox.com