Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2015 23:49:17 +0100
From:      Svatopluk Kraus <onwahe@gmail.com>
To:        Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interrupt framework

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 8:26 PM, Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:51:17 +0100
> Svatopluk Kraus <onwahe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi community,
>>
>> I and Michal Meloun have done some work on ARM interrupt framework and
>> this is the result.
>
> I haven't ad a chance to look though it yet, but how does this compare
> with what is currently on the arm_intrng branch? I've also taken Ian's
> WIP change and cleaned it up so it will build with the current
> interrupt framework. I've also been working on allowing the simplebus
> changes to work on architectures that aren't arm.

I did not look at arm_intrng branch recently, so if there is any
change this year I missed it. However, in general, the codes do same
work but in slightly different way. However, IMHO, our design is more
simple, more general, and more complete.

> I'm planning on importing the branch into head soon, after fixing the
> last few cross-arch issues, to allow for wider testing.
>
> Andrew

Do what you must do. However, I think that our design is worth the
look. Maybe it needs some polishing, but it's certainly worth the
look.

Svata