Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:14:48 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        ia64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: Removal of libc_r support

Gang,

I'm going to revert the changes made to setjmp()/longjmp() that
allowed them to be used for context switching. They were made to
support libc_r on ia64.

In the past weeks I made libthr the primary (and currently only)
threading library on ia64, but the "old" libc_r.so.5 still exists
and can be used by threaded programs not relinked after I made
libthr the primary library.

By removing the support in setjmp()/longjmp() for context switching,
those threaded programs will fail. Please make sure to relink any
existing libc_r based threaded applications before upgrading. The
support will be removed in the coming days.

For those interested in KSE: there's a complication with the
context. More specifically: contexts created by the kernel are
invalid. It's being addressed.

FYI,