Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:55:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any Interest in Load-Adaptive Power Daemon?

I've been using an IBM T40 that I love, but it has a very short life on
batteries:
something like 2:30, which is half of my previous Dell.  I'm presuming that
this
is a direct result of always running at max clock 1.6Ghz.  I've been doing a
little better lately adjusting clock speed manually, but I'm thinking of
writing
a daemon that will do the job automatically.  It shouldn't take more than a day
or
so, but:
1) Does something like this already exist on FreeBSD?
2) Anyone else want it?  I'd like to donate it for FreeBSD inclusion if it
works well and any core person is interested.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Katcher