Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:32:58 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Knobs in /etc/sysconfig

> This isn't any different from my proposal as far as I can tell, except
> that everything gets started in one chunk.  If there is one place in
> the bootup sequence that we can reliably start all the ports stuff,
> that's all fine for me.

Well, it's also different in that a port will be required to add itself
to the appropriate category startup rather than creating its own file.

I'm not sure what happens if the startup file isn't there yet - maybe
it gets created and added to the list in sysconfig?  Hmmmm.  Bleah..
I think I would prefer a fixed number of categories and some prototype
files that essentially do nothing out of the box.  That would at least
narrow the number of things needing to be changed to one file.

						Jordan