Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:36:16 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Redirecting the "Send a bug report" link to the article on filing PRs

--g3RkK9jYN81zD2N+

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 12:27:53PM -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
> I was going to file a PR for this, but then I realized that there may be=
=20
> some
> reason that it hasn't been done yet, and I figured I'd ask.
>=20
> The "Send a bug report" link on the home page currently goes to a page th=
at
> announces that the web interface to send-pr is down.  Like many others, I
> am aware of the problems the web interface has caused, and I don't have a
> solution on how to fix it (although I'd like to see it come back up).

I'll admit that I am tempted to turn this back on for a trial period.
The proxy checking code in there never got fully exercised before the
web submission was turned off, and I'd like to see whether it makes a
difference or not.

> However, until someone comes up with a good fix and implements it, would
> it be an improvement to have this link go to this article:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/artic=
le.html
> This is a good substitute for not having a web interface, and actually, it
> should be required reading, even if the web interface comes back up.

I think it's a good idea to add this link to the bottom of send-pr.html.

Ceri

--=20

--g3RkK9jYN81zD2N+

--g3RkK9jYN81zD2N+--