Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 11:22:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca, wollman@freebsd.org, dfr@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kerberised NFSD is broken.

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Mark Murray wrote:

> Hello
>
> Way back in June '95, we broke Kerberised NFSD with this commit. (And
> nobody noticed :-) )
>
> In it, the #ifdef's enabling Kerberos were changed from KERBEROS
> to NFSKERB, and some (obviously) broken code was inserted between
> the #if / #endif pair.
>
> Has anyone got a repaired version of this? Has anyone made it work?
> Can anyone spend some time on it to make it work?
> (Methinks the Kerberos bits can be just backed out, But I have other
> things on my plate right now)

These changes were in Rick's original NFSv3 code.  I assumed that they
were to make the code exportable so I kept it that way when I imported the
code into FreeBSD.  Every so often, I get tempted to fix up the NFSKERB
code so that it works again.  Maybe I will actually do this soon.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com