Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 02:13:57 +0100
From:      Lewis Thompson <lewiz@fajita.org>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Traceback on 5.

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

Hi,

I'm attempting to get a kernel dump on my 5.2.1-p5 machine.  In
/etc/rc.conf I have:

dumpdev=3D"/dev/ad0s1b"
dumpdir=3D"/usr/crash" # /var/crash not big enough

and loader.conf has:

dumpdev=3D"ad0s1b"

  The panic occurs before rc starts and I get the panic details on the
console but I am not told about any stuff being written anywhere.  On
reboot (with the problematic hardware removed) I receive the message
that no dumps were found.

  It's pretty much a GENERIC-kernel only I enabled DEBUG=3D-g.

  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I've not found the handbook very
helpful on this issue (it seems to be aimed at RELENG_4).  Thanks a lot,

-lewiz.

--=20
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz@jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--