Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:08:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Subject:   Re: user-admin /just/ under radius?

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

| > Is it possible to do authentication just via radius, so I won't have to
| > create users in the passwd database and so on?
|
| Try nothing but this in /etc/pam.conf:
| login	auth	required	pam_radius.so
|
| You'll need to look at pam_radius(8) manpage first. For one thing,
| you'll need an /etc/radius.conf . You'll probably also want
| try_first_pass and template_user=someone.

That template_user thing was I think the thing I needed to get it working.
And, maybe; the manual page you've got there, because I couldn't find it
here?! Not even on www.freebsd.org! :-( (If you could send it to me via
mail I'd apreciate it!)

Is there a posibility to give a user an own UID and/or homedirectory or
is that the limitation?

Thank you,
Paul

--