Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 20:16:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: distfile LINT

 *   I'm going through all of the ftp:// URL's printed by "make
 * fetch-list" and so far, there is an approximately 33% failure rate,
 * mostly "No such file or directory".  Does anyone think it would be
 * useful to have web pages and/or email listing the distfiles that aren't
 * available from the MASTER_SITES?

I appreciate your help, but this is not something I'm going to spend
our precious time before the release.  I have a set of distfiles that
is going to be on the CD, so whether the master site list is correct
or not is only significant for ports that have RESTRICTED or NO_CDROM
set.

Satoshi