Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 16:06:45 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@keithprowse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with 4.10 and mysql

Hello!

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Pete French wrote:
> >  Which version of MySQL server are you using? Has it been built from port or
> > compiled from sources? What threading library does it use (native or
> > linuxthreads)?  How many client applications are trying to connect
> > simultaneously?
>
> 4.0.18 - built from source, the only optimisation being -O as I dont
> trust the higher ones, it is using native threads and there is only

 Um, I'm still using mysql-server-3.23.58_2 (and I always use ports for
all applications which are available there). It links against native (libc_r)
threads.

> one client running on the same machine which is connecting every two
> minutes doing a select and quitting (and I have chcked that connections
> are not building up).
>
> I see the failed connection 5 to 10 times a day.

 OK, I have one fresh jail with MySQL server installed. Base and jail OS
version is 4.9-RELEASE. I wrote small test client application and now
it's started every minutes, doing select and exiting. If it catches database
connect error (or other MySQL-related error), it will report it for me.
In several days (after 4.10-RELEASE will be available) I'll recreate the
same test environment using 4.10. I'll report either positive or negative
results in a week or two.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator