Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:31:31 -0400
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@lucent.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   make_device_driver.sh updated for PCI?

Hi,

I have a remote user who has bought another system to run FreeBSD.  They
installed 2.2.7 from CD.  There is no support for the 3COM 3C905B.  I've
pulled the if_xl.c and if_xlreg.h files from freebsd.org.  I was hoping that
they could run /usr/share/examples/drivers/make_device_driver.sh with 'xl'
as an parameter and replace the 2 relevant files.

The README says that the script only works for ISA drivers.  Is there an
updated version for PCI drivers?

Either way, would what I suggest above have even worked (e.g. if I had an
ISA driver), or is there more to it?

Thanks,
MikeC

Michael C. Cambria                        Lucent Technologies
SNA Product Development                          Bell Labs Innovations
   Voice: (978) 287 - 2807                300 Baker Avenue
     Fax: (978) 287 - 2810                Concord, Massachusetts 01742
Internet:  mcambria@lucent.com <mailto:mcambria@lucent.com>