Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:37:58 +0000
From:      "Christian Walther" <cptsalek@gmail.com>
To:        dzalewski@open-craft.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH 4.6 error: channel 0: chan_read_failed for istate 3

On 20/03/07, Dominik Zalewski <dzalewski@open-craft.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After upgrading to openssh-portable-4.6.p1,1 I'm getting following messages in
> logs:
>
> error: channel 0: chan_read_failed for istate 3

I guess you're either using scp or ssh to execute remote commands?
We've the same issue on our Solaris boxes. The only workaround we
found so far was to comment out the error(..) statement responsible
for the output of the above line.
It's located in nchan.c in the chan_read_failed() function.

I'm sorry but I'm not at work, otherwise I could supply a diff.

HTH anyway,
Christian