Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:35:08 -0000
From:      "Edwin D. Vinas" <edwin_vinas@yahoo.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network Problem on FreeBSD-4.8 : Cannot ping LAN hosts

hi josh,

thanks for the advise. it's the "FIREWALL" thing that
don't allow my FreeBSD to access the Internet Sharing
in the Windows XP. Now, its ok already. I just
unchecked the option that "Restricts IP hosts from
Internet (external) to access the Internet Sharing
Machine" or something like that. Now its working. It
really is not a problem with my FreeBSD LAN card or
other configurations. It's the WindowsXP trick!

-edwin

=====
best regards,

\___\__\_______/__/ Edwin D. Viņas http://edwin.ontheweb.com