Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 21:06:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anybody know kernel tweak stuff for a Digital HX or ZX P6?

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> I have a 4 processor P6 box I was thinking of converting from Solaris to
> FreeBSD-SMP, but am not intimately familiar with the hardware enough to
> know what the various kernel options (APIC related I guess) should be
> set to.

Here are the options for SMP:

options         SMP
options         APIC_IO
options         SMP_AUTOSTART

Those should get you going.  Keep in mind that SMP support is only in
3.0-current.  It is stable as of yesterday, but I know Steve is working on
doing some changes on the locks, so it has the potential to become
unstable in the coming weeks.

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com