Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 18:53:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports Team <freebsd-ports@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ssh upgrade....

well...  I was just looking around for how to "safely" upgrade ssh without
loosing the current host key...  and I noticed that if you pkg_delete
ssh-oldversion your configuration gets deleted...

but if you do a install of ssh and it sees your old host key... it won't
generate a new one...

so I was thinking about how to have possibly two packing lists...  one
that conatains binaries and other stuff that is pretty much not edited...
and then possibly a config file list...  one that contains files that are
locally edited and generated...

if this sounds helpful...  I'll see what I can do to patch bsd.port.mk to
have this feature... ttyl..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)