Date:      20 Feb 2000 12:12:40 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Random Sequence Numbers

Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net> writes:

> That was dropped a while ago and I saw that post Steven did, and secondly
> Dan told me he's done it already so there was no need to go on as it was
> only about 4-5 lines of code.

Actually, what Dan had done was randomizing the *initial* sequence
numbers in a TCP session, as (in fact) Bellovin described in RFC 1948.
What *your* code did was randomize *every* packet's sequence number.
I still insist on believing that you had to be kidding, because the idea
and the execution both qualify among the best spoofs I've seen in weeks.

 - Lowell Gilbert