Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:22:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
To:        Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK1.2 port

On 6 November, 1999, at 10:44 (+0000)
Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Makoto MATSUSHITA wrote:
>
> > Exactly. Here is a patch which contains all of above. I've tested on:
> [Snip]
>
> I have created a FreeBSD port which automates the fetching of the linux
> JDK and the application of the above mentioned patch.  The port is
> available from the following URL:
>
>       http://www.jmcm.org/tech/ports/linux-jdk1.2.tar.gz
>
> Just unpack it, cd into the port directory then "make install".  The port
> grabs the distfile from a UK mirror - as the download is about 20MB you
> may wish to edit the makefile to specify a master site nearer to you.

FWIW, I tested this on a 3.1-RELEASE system. Aside from some minor Makefile
issues (no doubt because my /usr/ports/Mk needs updating), it worked fine,
once I fetched and built the linux_base port.

----------
(current) ~ > /usr/local/linux-jdk1.2/bin/java -version
java version "1.2"
Classic VM (build Linux_JDK_1.2_pre-release-v2, green threads, sunwjit)
(current) ~ > uname -v
FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE #19: Sun Jul  4 16:22:57 EDT 1999     root@current.willscreek.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/CURRENT

Thanks for putting together the port. It saved me loads of time.

-Brian

Brian Clapper, bmc@WillsCreek.COM, http://WWW.WillsCreek.COM/
The problem with any unwritten law is that you don't know where to go
to erase it.
        -- Glaser and Way