Date:      Fri, 25 May 2007 16:56:57 +0200
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        Lucien Werner <lucien.werner@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Raid Controller

--------------enig892E3B1CD4A6641CA9941186

> I am building a file server off freeBSD, and am wondering if my sata ra=
id
> controller is supported by the OS.  I have the Addonics *4 Port RAID 5 =
/
> JBOD SATA II PCI Controller (ADSA4R5) controller host.  The chipset is
> Silicon Image Sil 3124.  If this raid card is not supported, can I inst=
all
> drivers once the system is running?  Where would I find them for freeBS=
D?

The 3124 is listed as supported in the "ad" manpage. However, in general
a lot of people (including me) have had troubles with Silicon Image
chipsets (google("freebsd sil3112 timeout") etc). I have had trouble
with at least the 3112 and the 3114.

I recommend some Googling on the specific situation with the 3124.

--=20
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org