Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 08:56:23 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        james <wabit@adl.ussr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsuping - make world, etc etc

Hey there,

You should read:  http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/makeworld.html -- it
has about all the information you need to help you go to -STABLE.

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 01:16:39PM +0930, james wrote:
> I've had a brief look at /usr/share/examples/stable-supfile, and what
> confuses me is what do I select to download! - I'm on a connection that I
> pay per meg (argh), and well, I only want the stuff that I need...

Basically, I would suggest getting all the source..., but you don't have
to.  Simply comment out what you don't want in the stable-supfile and
then cvsup.

See:  http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/makeworld.html

> ie, I want to keep sshd working - where/how do I make sure I include the
> source for this to make sure that it is included (and therefore included
> in a make world)...

sshd will continue to work even if you change to -STABLE.

> The information about the versions seems cryptic?;
>
> # The following line is for 3-stable.  If you want 2.2-stable, change
> # "RELENG_3" to "RELENG_2_2".
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> but I want 4.0 stable? - is there some form of up to date list? - the
> handbook only mentions up to;

You'll want to make that:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4

(you're specifying the source for 4 and not 3)

Hope this helps you out,
Cheers,
Marc