Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:29:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
To:        Lachlan O'Dea <odela01@ca.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel panic after 5.2 RELEASE --> 5.2.1, DELL PE2650, SCSI

--0-1981649855-1077305388=:45411

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Lachlan O'Dea wrote:

> On 18 Feb 2004, at 13:23, Scott Long wrote:
>
> > Lachlan O'Dea wrote:
> >
> >> I managed to observe the system in top the second time this happened.
> >> One after another, each process freezes forever in getblk. Kind of
> >> scary to watch :-).
> >> With 5.2-RELEASE, I was seeing the blocked processes, but I don't
> >> recall seeing all of that console output before. I haven't actually
> >> seen experienced any problems with 5.2-RELEASE for a while, I just
> >> have to avoid long-running find(1) processes. (E.g. put
> >> daily_status_security_enable="NO" in periodic.conf).
> >
> > The same problem exists in 5.2.  I thought that I had fixed it, but
> > apparently not.
>
> I put your aacvar.h patch in yesterday (so I'm running the latest
> 5.2.1-RC2), and since then have experienced zero problems! The
> overnight security check ran flawlessly for the first time since...
> well, ever. Thanks so much.

Thanks for verifying it.  I think that I found the real problem, would you
be willing to do one more test?  Attached is the patch.  This involves
move AAC_MAX_FIB back to 512 and adding a line to aac.c.

Thanks!

Scott
--0-1981649855-1077305388=:45411
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--0-1981649855-1077305388=:45411--