Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 1995 08:43:32 -0700
From:      osyjm@schizo.coe.montana.edu (Jaye Mathisen)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   forwarded message from Akihiro Tominaga

This went out on the BSDI mailing list.  Somebody should track this guy
down and see if we can get it, as it would be useful.

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Akihiro Tominaga <tomy@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Sender: owner-bsdi-users@bsdi.com
To: "Kirill V. Ermakov" <ekv@mch.chem.msu.su>
Cc: bsdi-users@bsdi.com
Subject: Re: DHCP server for BSD/386?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 19:27:54 +0900

From: Kazunori Sugiura <uhyo@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Subject: Forward: Re: DHCP server for BSD/386?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 17:34:28 +0900

> >   Does anybody know where can I find DHCP extensions for bootp daemon
> > running on BSD/386 v.1.1?
>
> At this time, there are no "free" implementations for DHCP that I am aware
> of. I ran this subject by the BSDI folks a few weeks ago so they are aware
> that there is a potential need for it. There are no immediate plans to
> include a DHCP daemon in BSD/OS. (that is to say, without a miracle, there
> will most likely *not* be one in BSD/OS 2.0.)

Hello. I'm a member of WIDE project, which provides Internet for
research in Japan.

We implement DHCP server, client and relay agent running on BSD/386
1.1 and other version of BSD UNIX.  And we plan to port them to BSD/OS
2.0 after release of BSD/OS 2.0.  We will distribute them **as free**
soon.  I'm writing documents for these programs.  Wait for our
release.  Thank you.
- --
Keio UNIV.
WIDE Project.