Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:41:22 +0800 (CST)
From:      =?big5?q?Hillman=20Dai?= <hillman_dai@yahoo.com.hk>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Question about KVM switch

--- Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> 內容:>
Hillman Dai <hillman_dai@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just installed the FreeBSD 5.2.1 and I'm
> using
> > a KVM switch to share the monitor, mouse and
> keyboard.
> > I could managed to use keyboard while the mouse
> still
> > doesn't work. Could you help me to solve the
> problem?
> > What kind of command I could use to check and
> which
> > file you want me to send back to you?
> >
> > The brand of the KVM switch is:
> > Name: IOGear
> > Model: GCS52U
> >
> > Thank You for your support!
>
> Have to tried plugging the mouse directly into the
> machine
> to ensure that it's not the mouse that's the
> problem.
>
> Are you trying to use the mouse in X?  If so, what
> are the
> symptoms?  What steps have you taken to enable the
> mouse?
> Did you install/configure moused?
>
> --
> Bill Moran
> Potential Technologies
> http://www.potentialtech.com

Before I use the KVM switch, I have used the mouse on
a Linux Machine for a year. Even if I plug it onto the
KVM switch, the linux machine could detect the mouse
and keyboard correctly.

When I try to config the moused, I have set the
protocol as "auto" and I have tried to choose the
device as "/dev/pms0" or "dev/ums0". However, the
moused cannot detect the mouse and I could not make it
work successfully...

Hillman

必殺技、飲歌、小星星...
浪漫鈴聲  情心連繫