Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 17:31:45 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>
To:        Patrik Sundberg <ps@radiac.mine.nu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Feature request

Hi,

    I think you're considering something like ``upgrade'' :-)

    Actually, I usually do that manually, especially the gnome*.

    To do this by hand is easy. Install the new one, move the +REQUIRED_BY
    into it. Check cvsweb if there's any difference in PLIST. Then simply
    rm -rf the old one. Finally, do a script like this is mostly OK:

#!/bin/sh
cd /var/db/pkg
for i in */+CONTENTS; do
{
        sed -e 's,gtk-1.2.7,gtk-1.2.8,' $i > $i.t
        mv $i.t $i
}
done

    I don't know if these steps above is sufficient, or I'll try to
    write a script to automate that.

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 09:54:45AM +0200, Patrik Sundberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been thinking about a thing which could be improved in the
> ports-system. If I install some ports, take various gnome-ports for an
> example and something which depends on those, let's say sawmill wm,
> everything works like a charm with pkg-dependencies etc if I remove the
> sawmill package.
[..below deleted..]

--
CirX - This site doesnt' exist.
9c  k9o h9 s1bg s1f, 7v  .y xqx a  sj m8r ffg1 vg5 a6 asox tmul h38.