Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:55:59 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw2 broken

--SnV5plBeK2Ge1I9g

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 07:03:47PM -0700, Sean McNeil wrote:
> How do I get the ipfw2 module to compile with divert?  It doesn't
> recognize the following in my config file when building the module:
>=20
> options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
> options         IPDIVERT
>=20
> Also, the /etc/rc.d/ipfw script is looking for an invalid sysctl var:
>=20
> net.inet.ip.fw.enable
>=20
> and it will fail if I have the IPFIREWALL option which compiles the code
> into the kernel because it will try to load and return 1 on a failure.
>=20
> This is an amd64 system.
>=20
Modules build is decoupled from header files produced by config(8) except
for opt_global.h, and this one doesn't have firewall options.  If you
need firewall with divert(4) sockets, you have to compile it statically
into your kernel.

Alternatively, you can compile your kernel with ``options IPDIVERT''
and compile the ipfw module with ipdivert support by modifying the
src/sys/modules/ipfw/Makefile to add -DIPDIVERT to CFLAGS.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov
ru@FreeBSD.org