Date:      Sat, 8 May 2004 13:34:27 +0200
From:      albi <albi@saynotomicrosoft.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the most light weight X web browser?

On Sat, 8 May 2004 11:57:47 +0200
jan.muenther@nruns.com wrote:

> > But such a slow notebook what browser do you suggest to use? The
> > harddisk don't have much space after the OS is installed, and memory
> > is pretty limited. Epiphany comes to my mind, but it depends on
> > Mozilla and gtk. If there is an extremely light weighted browser
> > that just use Athena (or can be compiled so) it would be better.
>
> ever had a look at links' graphics mode (-g)? It's blazing fast and
> really small - links just against xlib.

i fully agree, links (version 2) in graphics mode is without doubt the
fastest and most lightweight of all "graphic browsers"

it has a few disadvantages though :
1) no copy and paste possible
2) you need to learn how to use the menubar (which is not so obvious)

apart from that it's warmly recommended for this purpose :)