Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org>
To:        ctm-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   ctm startup questions

I have now generated ports-cur.3502 and cvs-cur.6773, but I'm not sure
it's all working, and I don't want to start things up until I know it's
ok.  I had a mail from Julian Stacey telling me of problems with the
ports-cur one (on of the MD5's being bad).

I really need some confirmation here; are these deltas ok or not?  I know
they're large, and guys, you'd rather wait for all the pieces to dribble
in, but I would really appreciate some feedback; are these ok or
not?  Could some folks please use ftp and get these guys and test them for
me?  They ought to show up on the mirrors pretty quickly now, so you could
ftp them.  If they don't show up soon, I could/would stick them somewhere
for you guys to download.

I'll be out a little bit tomorrow (getting stitches out) but I need this
feedback, if I'm going to bring up ctm on a timely basis.

You know, even with all this hassle, isn't it a *great* thing they did to
ports?  Getting rid of all those extra directories, that's definitely
going to speed everybody up hugely, and it's *long* overdue.

Chuck Robey             | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org| electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.