Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:23:29 -0500
From:      "Network Admin [JPeterson]" <jay@qtm.net>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: splash screen / saver

Uhhhhh - its been suggested to view it in xv .. well, theres a problem - I
do not have X installed.. like I said earlier this is our primary server, it
has no need for X as it is mostly going to be administered from remote.  And
no, this is not a splash screen that is going to be seen on a regular basis,
it is just a matter of personal vengence at this point =)
I did however, go and grab the bmp with lynx this time, before I had
right-clicked in IE on a w*ndowz box and saved as a bmp, but there was no
bettr luck with the bmp I grabbed with lynx..
Is there any way to view a bmp without X installed?

Thanks =)