Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:15:46 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IBM ThinkPad LCD doesn't go off when LCD is closed

Greetings all,

        On my IBM ThinkPad 770Z, it seems that under both Windows and
FreeBSD which I have the suspend/sleep when LCD lid is closed turn off,
the LCD doesn't turn off when the LCD is closed since when I press the
switch, I can see a quick flicker and it is still with the same video
input. However, under DOS, the LCD turns off correctly.  Anyone knows what
setting with the PS2 ThinkPad configuration utility affects this since I
basically want the system not to suspend but I do want the display to go
off when the LCD is closed or when the system idles for a certain amount
of time.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin