Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:40:49 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Dieter BSD <dieterbsd@engineer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for serious performance?

.... I'm not seeing:

* any references to driver code that exhibits that very broken behaviour;
* any patches from you to implement NCQ on your nforce chipset;
* any offer of incentive to any developer to add that support.

Now, (1) is definitely worrying but as you've not provided any actual
information, the level of helpfulness of this comment is 0.
(2) and (3) would go a long way to making FreeBSD "better".

FreeBSD is only as much as the community of contributors and
developers have the time and energy to make it be. If you want FreeBSD
to be different/better/something, you have to step up.

Adrian