Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:02:26 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org, freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Bad free() ignored (PERL_CORE)" in XML::LibXSLT

(I'm sending this to both freebsd-perl and freebsd-gnome, in case
the problem is related to the libxslt library; I apologize if this
is incorrect or bad manners, and would welcome any suggestion for
where I should send it instead.)

I'm running the Perl module XML::LibXSLT, which is a Perl
binding to the Gnome libsxlt library. This consistently
generates a "Bad free() ignored (PERL_CORE)" error.

I see that this has been reported once before on FreeBSD:

but nothing seems to have been done about it since 2004. (This
has a short test script demonstrating the error; it works
(i.e. generates the error) for me.) I'm getting this using the
newest versions of everything from Ports, and on systems
running FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.0.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to solve this, whether
I should worry about it at all, or where I should report this.

Thanks very much.

Jesse Sheidlower