Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:37:17 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "John Heyer" <john@snake.supranet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MOD_FP? (Was Frontpage, ScriptAlias, and .htaccess files)

From: "Alexei V. Alexandrov" <ava@elcomsoft.com>
> Hello John,
>
> Thursday, November 09, 2000, 6:05:34 AM, you wrote:
> JH> Well I found the problem...
>
> JH> <IfDefine MOD_FP>
> JH> LoadModule frontpage_module   libexec/apache/mod_frontpage.so
> JH> </IfDefine>
>
> JH> What does it take for MOD_FP to be true?  I thought that's what
"apachectl
> JH> startfp" did.  But in anycase it was false, because just commenting
out
> JH> the if statements cause everything to work out fine.
>
> start httpd with a -D swith like this:
> httpd -DMOD_FP
> then MOD_FP will be defined.

The /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh is supposed to start the server with:

    /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start_FP

in order to set -DMOD_FP.

If you had a previous Apache server installed, and the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh wasn't removed before installing this port,
then this ports apache.sh script doesn't get installed.

Compare your /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh with the ports
files/apache.sh.tmpl, if they are not similar you may want to copy
apache.sh.tmpl to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh, and then replace PERL5 with
the location of your systems perl (/usr/bin/perl), and PREFIX with the
prefixed used to install this port (/usr/local by default).

Scot